Sunday, September 20, 2015

CRUSH for BOOKS . . . and iPads!

Happy Sunday!

I hope many of you spent some portion of your weekend snuggled up with a good book. (I am currently reading NOS4A2 by Joe Hill, and I can't seem to put it down. Did you know that Joe Hill is Stephen King's son?! After reading a Joe Hill book, I think you would figure it out.)

So over the last few years, I've been trying to read more nonfiction. Honestly, nonfiction is pretty awesome nowadays! There are fascinating nonfiction books available, covering any topic you can imagine. After reading reviews and consulting best-seller lists, I purchased a stack of new nonfiction books for our library.

(Warning: Books are naked in the photo. Covers are currently processing.)


These lovelies were purchased with some of the money we earned from CRUSH last year.  CRUSH enabled us to purchase so many new books for our library - fiction and nonfiction. (I'm setting my sights on purchasing iPads for students to check-out with this year's CRUSH earnings.) For anyone who doesn't know, CRUSH is a formal-ish dance that takes place in February, and it is a fundraiser for the library and the yearbook. Last year was CRUSH's first year and it was a huge success! You should definitely plan on attending this year. ;) The date is set for Saturday, February 27th, so mark it on your calendar.

Have a restful Sunday and come visit us tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment